Sat, Jan 15|
Peacekeeping and Advocacy Training for NIPA
Volunteer training to protect & advocate for North Idaho Pride Alliance
Time & Location
Jan 15, 2022, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Coeur d'Alene, 414 W Fort Grounds Dr, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814, USA
About the event
Join North Idaho Pride Alliance, partners, and special guest speakers for a Peacekeeping and Advocacy Training on Saturday, January 15th, 10 AM - 2 PM at the Human Rights Education Institute.
The purpose of the training is to empower volunteers and advocates with education, tools, and resources on the following subjects:
- Overview of North Idaho Pride Alliance background and volunteer opportunities
- Effective communication techniques
- What to do if you encounter event protesters
- Working with law enforcement
- Legal resources and rights
- De-escalation techniques
- Rainbow Peace Patrol Program: Using umbrellas to shield people from hate
- Advocacy with North Idaho Pride Alliance (letter writing, public comment)
Lunch and take-home materials will be provided. Registration is REQUIRED and limited to 40 people.
Please contact Jessica Mahuron at North Idaho Pride Alliance if you have any questions, need to cancel your training registration, or have any special requests.
Phone at 208-352-3518